Lindsay Lohan broke down when sentenced to 90 days
It looks like Lindsay's luck has finally run out. The Hollywood star has been sentenced to 90 days in jail.
LiLo will have to surrender herself on July 20 to the Century Regional Dentention Facility in Los Angeles. Judge Marsha Revel blasted her for not taking her probation in TWO drink driving cases seriously.
LiLo tried pleading to the judge..
So what did Lindsay actually do? Well...
- repeatedly missed once-weekly classes at an alcohol-education programme
- failed to attend the course at least nine times since October 16
- crashed her car into a hedge along Sunset Boulevard in May 2007
- two months later arrested on suspicion of drink-driving
- pleaded no contest to two counts each of drunken driving and being under the influence of cocaine, and one count of reckless driving
- failed to show up for a court hearing because she was at the Cannes Film Festival
- eventually made it to court four days late, when she was ordered to wear a Scram alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet as a condition of her release on bail
- She was also ordered to undergo random drug testing, among other conditions...
The prison Lindsay is sentenced to is the very same place where she served just 84 minutes three years ago before being released due to "overcrowding"...yeah sure.
It is also where LiLo's former BBF Paris Hilton spent several weeks in 2007 after violating her probation as she too was driving under the influence. Tut tut.
What is it with these Hollywood "stars" and driving under the influence?! Drink driving is so not cool.
If you think LiLo will be sharing a cell with the other jailbirds then your mistaken (
damn!). It is likely she will be placed in a special segregated cell for celebrities and it's possible she will only have to servce 23 days behind bars, rather than 90 due to overcrowding and the non-violent nature of her crime.
A typical cell at the facility in California where LiLo is expected to stay
So do celebrities get special treatment? I can't help but wonder if I had a crime list as long as Lindsay Lohan's perhaps the justice system wouldn't be as lenient with me. A slapped wrist for bad behaviour just isn't good enough for these "stars". Celebrities are in the public eye for a reason, to be made an example of. No matter how much they doth protest, celebrities are role models, not by choice of course, but by circumstance. With the good, comes the bad, therefore why should celebrities repeatedly get away with criminal and illegal behaviour when the average person wouldn't?
No woman, no cry
So LiLo, Chris Brown, Amy Winehouse, Pete Doherty, Paris Hilton and the rest of them can cry us all a River as long as the Nile - I can not emphasise with celebrities who break the law and think they can get away with it.
Perhaps its time for Lindsay to ditch those glitzy red-carpet dresses and reach for the pinstripe tracksuit because that's as glamorous as it's going to get in jail!
LiLo before court (all smiles) and after (head lowered in shame)
Post a Comment